Custody and residence if you split up

If you are unable to agree on custody, residence or contact in relation to your children, you can obtain help from the family law office in the form of a cooperation discussion. Contact details can be found on your municipality’s website.

The family law office can only assist with voluntary solutions and try to help parents reach agreement. If you still disagree about where the children will live, who should have custody of them and how rights of access are to be regulated, our lawyers can help you if you have to go to court.

Read more about custody and residence, access and maintenance.