When your employer does not pay you

Your employer must pay your wages and other remuneration as set out in your contract of employment. If you have received incorrect wages or remuneration, you can make a claim for payment from your employer. Claims for unpaid wages can be made within ten years of the date when payment should have been made. Claims for unpaid holiday compensation can be made within two years.

If your employer refuses to pay your wages, you can leave your job. If your wages are not paid within five days of pay day, you can leave your job. You may then be entitled to financial compensation from the employer. The compensation will reimburse you for the wages you would have had if the employer had not breached your contract of employment. Compensation can be paid for a minimum of six months and a maximum of thirty-two months, depending on how long you have worked for the company.

We can help you recover claims for wages and other remuneration in court.